Portland Week Wednesday – paddle day
Get afloat in anything with a paddle – there will be plenty of opportunities to have a go.
XL SUP team challenge
Have fun with eight friends or colleagues with a bit of teamwork on the giant paddleboards. All equipment provided.
- 10am safety briefing
- 2pm prize giving
- Wetsuits and buoyancy aids are not provided
- Children aged eight to 18 are welcome as part of a team with at least two adults and must wear a buoyancy aid
- Costs £5 per person for teams of up to eight people, with all proceeds going to Surfers Against Sewage
- Register your team here
SUP taster sessions
Have a go on a stand-up paddleboard with an Adventure4All instructor – perfect for family groups. All equipment provided.
- Suitable for all ages, and children must be accompanied by an adult
- Available all day - meet at the Adventure4All trailer on the marina lawn
- 9:30am XL SUP fun session for children. Ages 6 - 12. 1 hrs. £5 per person
- 11am SUP taster. All ages. 1hrs. £22 per person
- 1:30pm SUP taster. All ages. 1hrs. £22 per person
- 3pm Int skills clinic. All ages. 1hrs. £22 per person
- Click to book here
For the tasters and clinics we will do a 10% off for the day.
Gig rowing taster sessions
Try your arm at rowing in one of Portland Gig Rowing Club’s racing gigs.
- Suitable for ages 11+, but children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 10am-4pm - meet at the Portland Gig Rowing stand by the marquee
- Cost £3 per person ages 11 to 16 and £5 per person ages 16+. Bookings will be taken on the day.
International inflatables race
Fun rowing/paddling race in anything inflatable - dinghy, lilo or unicorn! Race across the marina and back, and be prepared to get wet.
- Race starts at 3pm, register from 10am onwards, briefing at 2.30pm
- Cost £5 per inflatable, with all proceeds going to Surfers Against Sewage
- Wear a buoyancy aid!
Amelie Rose, Clean Seas Odyssey
Come to T pontoon to look at the lovely wooden yacht Amelie Rose and learn about plastic pollution in the English Channel. Go for a sail too.
- 10am-noon - Open boat, have a look and chat
- 1pm-4pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon
- 6pm-9pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon