Portland Week Wednesday – paddle day
Get afloat in anything with a paddle – there will be plenty of opportunities to have a go.
XL SUP team challenge
Have fun with eight friends or colleagues with a bit of teamwork on the giant paddleboards. All equipment provided.
- 2.30pm safety briefing, 3pm start
- Costs £5 per person for teams of up to eight people, with all proceeds going to Surfers Against Sewage
- Children aged eight to 18 are welcome as part of a team with at least two adults and must wear a buoyancy aid. Wetsuits and buoyancy aids are not provided
- Register your team here
SUP taster sessions
Have a go on a stand-up paddleboard with an Adventure4All instructor – perfect for family groups. All equipment provided.
- Suitable for all ages, and children must be accompanied by an adult
- Meet at the Adventure4All trailer on the marina lawn
- 9:30am XL SUP fun session for children. Ages 6 - 12. 1 hrs. £5 per person
- 11am SUP taster. All ages. 1hrs. £19.80 per person (includes 10% discount)
- 1:30pm SUP taster. All ages. 1hrs. £19.80 per person (includes 10% discount)
- Click to book here
For the tasters we will do a 10% off for the day
Gig rowing taster sessions
Try your arm at rowing in one of Portland Gig Rowing Club’s racing gigs.
- Suitable for ages 11+, but children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- 10am-4pm - meet at the Portland Gig Rowing stand by the marquee
- Cost £3 per person ages 11 to 16 and £5 per person ages 16+.
- Bookings will be taken on the day
International inflatables race
Fun rowing/paddling race in anything inflatable - dinghy, lilo or unicorn! Race across the marina and back, and be prepared to get wet.
- Race starts at 10am, briefing at 9.30am
- Cost £5 per inflatable, with all proceeds going to Surfers Against Sewage
- Please wear a buoyancy aid!