Portland Week Saturday – competition day
Saturday is our fun competition day, with fancy dress and boat handling competitions for everyone.
Day sail on Amelie Rose
Sail on the beautiful pilot cutter Amelie Rose for a full day, including lunch and post-sail drinks onboard.
See the Jurassic Coast from the water - maybe even a dolphin or two!
- £95 per person
- Booking link to follow
Recycled birdman of Portland
Fly like a bird (or a stone!) from tall ship Moonfleet into the marina. Bring your homemade wings and flying suits - they must be made from recycled, reclaimed and repurposed materials. Explorer Paul Rose will commentate as the fearless launch themselves into the marina.
- Noon in the marquee - registration and safety briefing
- 1pm-2.15pm watch them soar (then sink)
Full safety cover will be provided, and participants enter at their own risk.
Marina staff walk the plank
Talks in the tent
No booking needed for these events - turn-up and learn something new, for free
- 3pm Paul Rose judges the short film competition
- 4pm Explorer and BBC presenter Paul Rose talks about his adventures
- 4.45pm Prizegivings for the short film, star in a reasonably priced boat and recycled birdman
Charity party for Surfers Against Sewage
Live music, short film competition screenings and lots of fun, all in aid of Surfers Against Sewage.
7.30pm in the marquee