Portland Week Saturday – competition day
Saturday is our fun competition day, with pirates and mermaids fancy dress and boat handling competitions for everyone.
Day sail on Amelie Rose
Sail on the beautiful pilot cutter Amelie Rose for a full day, including lunch and post-sail drinks onboard.
See the Jurassic Coast from the water - maybe even a dolphin or two!
- £95 per person
- Booking link to follow
Recycled birdman of Portland
Fly like a bird (or a stone!) from tall ship Moonfleet into the marina.
- Bring your homemade wings and flying suits - they must be made from recycled, reclaimed and repurposed materials
- Noon in the marquee - registration and safety briefing
- 1pm-2.15pm watch them soar (then sink)
Full safety cover will be provided, and participants enter at their own risk.
Marina staff walk the plank
Have a go in 'Watershoot' our Gemini RIB
Have a go in 'Watershoot' our Gemini RIB, at our boat handling course.
- Two test runs and one timed run per go, 15 minutes per attempt
- Supervised by a qualified instructor and safety boat cover provided by Quality Time Training
- Registration on the day in the marquee
- No prior boating experience req. 18+ only
Charity party for Surfers Against Sewage
Live music and lots of fun, all in aid of Surfers Against Sewage.
- 7.30pm in the marquee
- Includes food by Portland Paella and live music from Finn McGuirk
- Tickets are £20 - available from the marina office and on the door (numbers limited)