Portland Week Monday – art by the sea
Monday is focused on marine art and beautiful boats
Paintings, sculpture and photography by local artists will be on display around the marina, including in Athay Gallery, Taylor’s MessDeck Café and in the marina office
Have a go sailing on the lovely Amelie Rose traditional pilot cutter, and lots more
Talks in the tent
No booking needed - turn-up and learn something new, for free.
- 12pm - Michael Hemming, capturing the essence of all nature has to offer
- 2pm - Horatio Morpurgo, author of the Paradoxical Compass
- 4pm - 'Readings From The Sea' Horatio Morpurgo and the marina staff will be reading from their favourite sea related stories and poetry, so join them for a watery story time
- 6pm - Clean Seas Odyssey - Nick Beck and Rebecca Sykes talk about their voyage of plastic pollution discovery in the English Channel
Wombling sculpture workshop
Join Alex McAllister from Athay Gallery for a beach womble, collecting flotsam and jetsam to make a unique piece of art.
- Suitable for all ages, but children must be accompanied by an adult
- 10am in the marquee
- Free activity, no booking required
Creative Clay Taster workshop with Debbie Clarke
With this exciting taster workshop your kids will have a great time making a clay turtle using rolling techniques and imprinting using various materials to create patterns within the clay.
- 10am to 4pm - stay for as long or as little as you like!
- Small charge of £4.00pp to cover material costs
- Click here to book
Encaustic Wax Workshop with Lyn Kirkland
Enjoy a creative and mindful workshop set in Athay Gallery's studio overlooking the fabulous Portland Marina in Dorset, which will inspire you to create your very own masterpiece to take home with you.
Stonecarving for Beginners workshop
Enjoy a Stonecarving for Beginners workshop with the renowned John Davey who has over 30 years of experience as a Sculptor and Stonemason.
- 10am - 12.30pm or 1.30pm - 4pm
- £38 per person (maximum of 8 per group)
- Click here to book