Monday – art by the sea
Monday is focused on marine art by the professionals – and you can have a go yourself.
Paintings, sculpture and photography by local artists will be on display around the marina, including in Athay Gallery, Taylor’s MessDeck Café and in the marina office.
Have a go sailing on the lovely Amelie Rose traditional pilot cutter, and lots more.
Wombling sculpture workshop
Join Alex MacAllister from Athay Gallery for a beach womble, collecting flotsam and jetsam to make a unique piece of art.
- Suitable for all ages, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 10am in the marquee
- Free activity, no booking required.
Café to café walk
Talks in the tent
No booking needed for these events - turn-up and learn something new, for free!
- Noon - Diana Barker, local artist, photographer and marine biologist
- 2pm - Horatio Morpurgo, author of the Paradoxical Compass
- 4pm - Local schools short story competition - readings, judging and prize giving with Horatio Morpurgo
- 6pm - Clean Seas Odyssey - Nick Beck and Rebecca Sykes talk about their voyage of plastic pollution discovery in the English Channel
Amelie Rose, Clean Seas Odyssey
Come to T pontoon to look at the lovely wooden yacht Amelie Rose and learn plastic pollution in the English Channel. Go for a sail
- 10am-noon - Open boat, have a look and chat
- 1pm-4pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon
- 6pm-9pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon.