Portland Week Monday – art by the sea
Monday is focused on marine art and beautiful boats
Paintings, sculpture and photography by local artists will be on display around the marina, including in Athay Gallery, Taylor’s MessDeck Café and in the marina office.
Have a go sailing on the lovely Amelie Rose traditional pilot cutter, and lots more.
Wombling sculpture workshop
Join Alex McAllister from Athay Gallery for a beach womble, collecting flotsam and jetsam to make a unique piece of art.
- Suitable for all ages, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 10am in the marquee
- Free activity, no booking required.
Café to café walk
Talks in the tent
No booking needed for these events - turn-up and learn something new, for free!
- 2pm - Horatio Morpurgo, author of the Paradoxical Compass
- 4pm - Local schools short story competition - readings, judging and prize giving with Horatio Morpurgo
- 6pm - Clean Seas Odyssey - Nick Beck and Rebecca Sykes talk about their voyage of plastic pollution discovery in the English Channel
Amelie Rose, Clean Seas Odyssey
Come to T pontoon to look at the lovely wooden yacht Amelie Rose and learn plastic pollution in the English Channel. Go for a sail
- 10am-noon - Open boat, have a look and chat
- 1pm-4pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon
- 6pm-9pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon
- Click here to book