Friday – fishing day
Friday is a day focused on all things fishy.
Take your own boat out for our fun competitions, or have a go on a charter fishing boat. There will be cookery demonstrations too!
Portland Marina fishing competition
Species hunt for kayak and boat fishing
- 8am registration in the marquee
- 7pm prize giving in the marquee
Kayak fishing demo
See and try the kayak fishing kit from Hobie Centre UK
- Available all day
Kids' crabbing competition
Bring your own hook and line, bucket and bait and see who can catch the biggest crab.
- Noon meet at the marquee
- All ages welcome, but all children must be accompanied by an adult and must wear a buoyancy aid
- £2 entry fee
Prize giving at 1pm in the marquee
Talks in the tent
Hook & cook
Bring your catch of the day and cook it on our barbecue on the marina lawn. Local chefs will give tips and recipe ideas.
- 3pm on the marina lawn
Portland Yacht Club pontoon party
Portland Yacht Club invites all members, Dean & Reddyhoff berth holders and visiting boaters to a pontoon party.
- Bring your own glasses
Amelie Rose, Clean Seas Odyssey
Come to T pontoon to look at the lovely wooden yacht Amelie Rose and learn about plastic pollution in the English Channel. Go for a sail too
- 10am-noon - Open boat, have a look and chat
- 1pm-4pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon
- 6pm-9pm - Taster sail. £25 per person. Booking link coming soon