Conveniently located on the river Hamble, our marina and boatyard is a friendly base for cruising and exploring.
Portland Berth holder benefits
- Deep water walk-ashore berths
- Boatyard to 20 tonnes/14m
- Quality washrooms
- Full service boatyard
- Free car park
- Free WiFi
- On-site cafe, chandlery & marine services
- Dog friendly
Deacons Marina and Yard
Deacons is only minutes from the M27, but it feels like a world away. Our peaceful, relaxed marina and boatyard have everything you need right on site, with famous pubs like the Jolly Sailor just a short walk or row downstream.
Located beside Bursledon bridge, the marina is dredged to 2m and we've invested in new pontoons, electricity system and facilities ashore.
Our marina is accessible by land and sea 24/7, so you can come and go as you please. Being on the west bank of the river, we're also sheltered from winter gales.
We have walk ashore and river pontoon berths for boats to 13.5m, and our berth holders are a mix of power and sail.
We don't have dedicated visitors' pontoons, but we're always happy to fit in short stay and overnight visitors if you call and book in advance 02380 402 253.
The marina and boatyard office is located in the Sail Loft and Workshops opposite the boatyard crane. We're open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 10am to 2pm.
Washrooms are located in the south end of the Sail Loft and Workshops building, near the marina office.
Also onsite are marine services, including:
- Fuel - self service diesel and petrol available from Swanwick Marina, opposite Deacons
- Gas - available from Swanwick Marina
- Pump-out - black water pump-out is available at Swanwick Marina
- Chandlery - Force 4 is located in the main marina building
- Marine services - rigger, canvas, electronics and boat repair all onsite. Ask us for recommendations.
Connect with us
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest marina news, comment and boating information.